NEWs To Come - last updated - April 5th, 2016
Ethereum’s ecosystem is growing so quickly, very exciting news has a habit of coming out of nowhere. That said, there are more than a few things to have on our radar. Thanks to help from this community, here’s a current list. As always, what am I missing?
Ethereum Blockchain Development
- Our faq page may also be helpful for many common questions connected to the news listed below.
Other news we know will happen Coin relays and interoperability
- Metropolis - Includes user friendly Mist Browser and likely a light client.
- Serenity - Major scalability improvement and Casper
- Synereo partnership with a important update. "Synereo and Ethereum now have an end to end spec of a correct, fault tolerant architecture that is sharded, i.e. scales".
- Sharding development news. Sharding is a game changer for Ethereum and could allow it to 10000+ transactions a second (Visa currently handles 2000 per second). While its success is starting to look inevitable, more specific news should be watched carefully.
- Client updates - Ethereum’s clients are wide ranging - Go, C++, Python, Rust, Java, Ruby, .net. This allows Ethereum to attract developers with a wide range of programming backgrounds and empowers Ethereum for more applications. It was a VERY smart strategy by the founders of Ethereum. Watching the news for client updates is important.
- Impacts from Microsoft's Visual Studio platform momentum in products has just begun. Truly a historical moment for crypto, the impact of which will be realized in the months ahead.
One very powerful aspect of Ethereum’s blockchain is it allows both formal relays
between blockchains as well as general interoperability
between chains. Relays
allow Ethereum to empower other blockchains, basically letting these more classic chains (like Bitcoin and Dogecoin) use Ethereum as a service for smart contracts. This “bonded sidechain” is more powerful/flexible path to using smart contracts than building non-currency agnostic chains
. Similarly, interoperability
is a classic concept in software development with over 30 years of history. Ethereum’s Virtual Machine (EVM) greatly facilitates multi-chain interoperability – which could allow private chains to communicate with Ethereum’s public chain. Basically, Ethereum facilitates “chaining all the things”. In other words, even future private chains could interoperate with the Ethereum public blockchain to have a gateway between their secured private chain and the more global public chain.
Private chain development is a GOOD thing under this model, even if that private chain is not an Ethereum fork.
Current examples Public Dapps and/or ventures to keep an eye on
Ethereum ecosystem is growing in unbelievable way with well over a 100 DApps
. Below are some DApps and ventures that have been commonly discussed and seem to be generating news sooner than later.
- Backfeed socioeconomic platform
- Cetas A Know Your Customer (KYC) and credit rating system running on Ethereum and added to Microsoft Azure
- Colony Company builder DApp
- Digix.io Gold purchasing and asset tracking
- Etheria Decentralized Virtual World
- FreeMyVunk building an economy around virtual game assets outside the game of origin
- Maker stablecoin platform
- Otonomos Programmable company shares
- Pax Virtual nation and peer to peer legal system
- Plutus Use Ethereum to allow one to pay with Bitcoin anywhere
- Provenance Supply chain transparency
- Safemarket P2P trade system
- Slock.it Lock it, share it, economy; DAO model looks exciting
- Vevue Make videos, earn Bitcoin, using Ethereum blockchain
- Weifund Decentralize crowdfunding
Many of Ethereum's 100+ DApps will fail, but it only takes one to succeed to bring Ethereum to the mainstream. That said, sadly, there will also be scams. We should never forget Bitcoin's NeoBee
or any of the MANY failed exchanges. As a community, we'll want to keep a close eye out in more ways than one. Be enthusiastic but critical - with transparency being absolutely key to trust. Developer tools to keep an eye on Ether ATMs Embedded Devices
Potential surprises that are not really surprises
- Eth(Emedded) "Providing successful builds of Ethereum Clients for multiple, Linux based, ARM embedded devices"
- Anything China – ETH's value has largely been independent of anything to do with China, that must inevitability change.
- OKcoin inclusion (largest exchange in China, insane history with price boosts)
- Gemini inclusion (New Yorkers access to ETH)
Ethereum has essentially a monopoly on smart contracts, and from the list above, it should be clear that it has built a remarkable network effect around this ecosystem. It is a disruptive technology, that fosters synergies
, and when put in a greater perspective, it’s market cap remains quite tiny
, especially when you think of the relative size of the growing community
. Please let me know if there is something you'd like to see. Concerns You can support my ETH sleuthing addiction:
Some sort of pump/viral marketing is going on. Over the past few weeks I've received many random messages on reddit advertising Etherum.
Message 1: Tired of waiting an hour for your bitcoin transaction to get 6 confirmations? In Ethereum it takes about 20 seconds for a confirmation. With Ethereum the dream of having a truly decentralized financial system will finally happen. All real life applications of cryptocurrency can easily be implemented as and Ethereum Decentralized Application. There are tons of these special apps over at *********.com .
Message 2: Ethereum seems to be taking over cryptocurrencies, can you advise me on this? http://reddit.com/42r1qe
Message 3: Hello, Since the last time I messaged you, the value of Ethereum has gone up a lot, but the rise is far from over, it is currently priced at $ 1.30, can you imagine buying bitcoin when it was at $ 1.30? You can be one of those people in the Ethereum world. Just send some of your bitcoins to poloniex, buy Ethereum and hold long term. Tired of waiting an hour for your bitcoin transaction to get 6 confirmations? In Ethereum it takes about 20 seconds for a confirmation. With Ethereum the dream of having a truly decentralized financial system will finally happen. All real life applications of cryptocurrency can easily be implemented as and Ethereum Decentralized Application. There are tons of these special apps over at *********.com . The stable version of Ethereum called Homestead will be released this week. Just a few ideas, A stable token for merchants to accept payments on the blockchain but have it pegged to the dollar? Ethereum tokens will allow this inside the same system. Completely fair and completely trusted with no counterparty risk? Etherdice implements gambling as an Ethereum contract. TokenEscrow implements escrow as an Ethereum contract. Domain names? EthHypeDns Proof of identity and credit rating? Cetas Prediction market? Augur , GroupGnosis Provably Fair Lottery? EtherPot Crowd funding? WeiFund Decentralized storage? Swarm Sending BTC to Ethereum? btcrelay Fair voting? Bit-Vote Convert to Gold? DigixGlobal Uber? Lazooz , movETH Poker? EtherPoker
While blockchain has applications beyond bitcoin, the two are intertwined. In fact, bitcoin can be called a beautiful, first application of this amazing technology. Improving the Ledger ... Bitcoin hat durch die offene Blockchain nicht nur medial grosse Wellen geworfen. Mittlerweile gibt es weltweit viel mehr Kryptowährungen (Bitcoin, Ethereum, usw.) als Landeswährungen. Letztendlich ermöglicht die Programmierung von Smart Contracts (z.B. in Solidity, die Programmiersprache von Ethereum) neue Blockchain-basierte Geschäftsmodelle. In diesem Modul lernen sie die Grundsätze der ... Algorythmix is proud to be named the most transformative use of blockchain in Citi Mobile Challenge APAC 2015, for “Cetas – The decentralised KYC and Credit rating framework.” Cetas is a decentralised platform which enables sharing of the KYC data using blockchain. The platform has an added a layer of decentralised credit rating function ... The most popular and trusted block explorer and crypto transaction search engine. Bitcoin, Protokolle, Anwendungen. Für Krypto-Einsteiger. CAS Blockchain. Lernen Sie die Sprache, Anwendungen und technischen Grundlagen der Blockchain-Technologie. Chancen und Gefahren der Technologie beleuchten Sie für Ihr Unternehmen kritisch. Eckdaten; Studium; Organisatorisches; Kontakt; Aktuell; Gegenwärtig wird beinahe keine andere Technologie so kontrovers diskutiert wie Blockchain ...
Le BTC serait peut être sorti de sa baisse , nous abordons une analyse graphique bearish et bullish ensemble ! Nous voyons en détail chaque support, résistan... Le bitcoin est le cas d’usage le plus connu de la Blockchain. Il a été créé en 2008 par un inconnu dont le pseudonyme est Satoshi Nakamoto. Il désigne à la f... QUE ES EL BITCOIN COMO FUNCIONA Y PARA QUE SIRVE - Duration: 3 minutes, 10 ... 6:06 ¿Qué es el BlockChain y cómo está siendo usado en la actualidad - Duration: 6 minutes, 6 seconds. 38 views ... Il existe plusieurs façon d’appréhender la blockchain ; cette introduction vise, en procédant pas par pas et à l'aide de cas d'usages explicites, à comprendr... ⚪Blockchain LIVE Bitcoin, BTC Event & Microsoft Updates⚪️ GRAXA GAMES 3,266 watching Live now Ciclo de Palestras Online Católica Business School - Duration: 1:07.